People's Trust Promise
We're boosting our involvement in our Community, Advocacy, Education and Wellness Initiatives, and we need your help.
All team members here at Happy Un-Banking have committed to complete a total of 3,500 actions by the end of 2018. Help us meet our goal by growing and supporting Houston communities, advocating for credit unions, cultivating health and happiness, and, finally, learning together. Take the People’s Trust Promise with us and join the movement.
Whether it’s the members we serve or the communities we support, we put people first. To boost our community involvement, we participate in quarterly volunteer activities and donation drives throughout Houston.
Check your emails from us often because as opportunities come up, we’ll ask for your participation and you can help us out in the initiatives that are important to you.
Our past community activities have included:
- Group Volunteering at the Houston ToolBank http://www.houstontoolbank.org/
- Group Volunteering at the Target Hunger Community Garden http://www.targethunger.org/
- A shoe drive that collected over 350 pairs of shoes; they were donated to be reconditioned and resold by entrepreneurs in developing countries.
- A food drive for the Houston Food Bank
Help our voice be heard! If you’re a member of People’s Trust or just a lover of credit unions, we want you to help us raise our voice. To ensure we are treated fairly on a national and state level, we need to show support or opposition for laws that will affect us. To make a difference in Washington or Austin, we must take action.
As necessary, we will send out Advocacy Alerts asking you to take action on our behalf. Spend 5 minutes or less to contact your member of Congress, we will provide a link. To simplify the process, we normally send pre-drafted emails.
Our Advocacy Alerts so far this year have been:
- We urged Congress in Washington to pass the CHOICE Act that included the repeal of the Durbin Amendment.
- We urged the Texas House to vote no on House Bill 1752 which would impose additional unnecessary regulations that would end up costing People’s Trust thousands of dollars to comply and take time away from serving members
- We urged the Texas Senate to vote no on Senate Bill 714 which would impose additional unnecessary regulations that would end up costing People’s Trust thousands of dollars to comply and take time away from serving members
- We urged Congress in Washington to Common Sense regulations
Education is not only important for employees, but we encourage members to participate in financial education. At our financial seminars, we provide expert advice so you can make the best financial decisions, which can lead to financial prosperity.
We offer educational seminars to help you improve your financial well-being and achieve financial prosperity! Click here to sign up for seminars.
Our past financial seminars include:
- Home Buying Seminars
- Car Buying Seminars
- Wills and Estates Seminars
- Social Security Seminars
A healthy workplace means happy and productive employees!
We would like for you to join us on our healthy journey – and no, we don’t mean go to the gym with us. We offer events like, Zumba in the park or fun runs.
Watch the video to find out more and how you can take action with us!
We invite you to help us advocate for the future of credit unions, help support and grow our Houston communities, cultivate health and happiness and continue our learning and development together.